Windows 8 is a personal computer Operating System, which is developed by Microsoft as a part of the Windows NT family of OS. It is completely redesigned Operating System, which has near instant on capabilities that enable a Windows 8 PC to load and start up in a matter of seconds rather than in minutes. Windows 8 PC’s consists of large storage capacity where you can store large sized videos, music, documents, photos, and so on.
However, capturing photos has become the common way for people to keep memories of happy time like wedding, birthday parties, family get together parties and so on. It’s very convenient to save lots of photos in one place on your computer. Well, let us consider a scenario where you may lose or delete the photos in Windows 8. You would have taken photos of baby’s growth and thought to save it in your Windows 8 personal computer. But you might have not noticed that your Windows 8 PC is affected by virus. After storing the photos in your Windows 8 PC, the photos got deleted due to virus attack. As a result of this, you might be thinking that how to restore photos Windows 8? Don't worry as it is possible to perform photo recovery Windows 8 by using Digital Picture Recovery software. This recovery utility also capable to recover EPS file on your Windows and Mac computers.
General scenarios for loss or deletion of photos in Windows 8:
- Improper File Transfer: Files must be transferred properly to any storage device. While transferring a file like photos from Windows 8 PC to any flash drive, if there is a sudden power surge then there are chances of files getting deleted or lost.
- Unintentional Deletion: This is a common issue. Because, in hurry you will delete some important photos while deleting some unwanted files by using keys or options that bypasses your files from Recycle Bin thereby getting permanently deleted.
- Accidental Format: You might have partitioned your Windows 8 hard drive into number of partitions to store audios, videos, photos and documents separately. However, you may want to format the partition in which you have stored songs that you does not need. Doing the format process, you might have accidentally formated the partition in which photos are stored instead of formatting the partition in which songs have been stored resulting in loss of valuable pictures from Windows 8.
To overcome these scenarios, you can use Digital Picture Recovery software which helps you to perform photo recovery Windows 8 and it also helps you to retrieve images from memory card.
Salient features of Digital Picture Recovery software:
Digital Picture Recovery is efficient software for windows 8 photo retrieval. It is one of the best software available in the market. The software is user friendly interface so that even a non technical person can use it without any complications. This software has an in-built scanning algorithm that scans your complete storage drive and recovers pictures in few minutes. This software supports PSD file recovery from storage drives like external hard drives, flash drives, iPods and many more. It allows you to restore particular type of image formats by using file signature option.
Digital Picture Recovery has a special feature which allows you to locate the particular file on the basis of file attributes like their file size, file name, and file extension and date of creation. This software can also recover picture from digital camera of various popular brands like Olympus, Kodak, Sony, Nikon, Fujifilm etc.
Procedure to perform photo recovery Windows 8:
Step 1: Download and install the software in your Windows 8 Operating system to perform photo recovery Windows 8 and select "Recover Photos" from the main screen.
Figure 1: First Screen
Step 2: Chose the drive on your Windows 8 PC on which you want to recover photos.
Figure 2: Choose Partition
Step 3: Once the scanning process is completed, finally you will see a list of retrieved photos. Double click on any one of the picture to preview it or use "Preview" option to view the photos recovered from Windows 8.
Figure 3: Preview Photo
Tips and suggestions:
- Always keep a backup of your precious photos in any storage devices like CD’s or DVD’s.
- Never transfer photos to any infected PC’s.