PNG is an image file format which stands for Portable Network Graphics and widely used on today’s internet to share because, it allows lossless compression. It is known as replacement of GIF, which provides number of improvements over GIF format.
Nowadays, there are lots of cameras and mobile phones which generate images of PNG file format. PNG photo files can be compressed and decompressed without losing any image information while viewing. After capturing PNG images, to keep them secure you may transfer those to your computer. But, similar to other digital file, PNG files are also prone to get lost or deleted due to various reasons. Despite of taking precaution you can’t deny from being a victim of PNG photo loss from camera or other storage devices such as memory card, pen drive, hard drive, etc. But fortunately PNG file recovery is possible by using recovery tools which are already developed in this era of technology. Digital Picture Recovery is one of the best and most used recovery tools, which is powerful enough to recover photos from flash drive and hard drive with utmost ease.
Common scenarios due to which PNG files may get deleted or lost
- Accidental Deletion: Deleting needless PNG files is a common practice to free up storage device to store new files. While deleting such files, important files may get deleted by using delete or shift delete option.
- Formatting: Formatting storage device is another reason of PNG file loss. Sometimes, user may format wrong drive, sometimes user may get error message to format drive. Formatting without back up of files will lead to large data loss.
- Virus Attack: Viruses are unwanted programs which intent to damage application, files and storage device too. If they attack and damage storage device, then PNG file and other data files stored on the respective device will be lost.
- File System Corruption: File system keeps detailed information about files and folders on the drive. Sometimes, it may get corrupted and file will become unreachable.
- Using Memory Card in Multiple Devices: You should avoid using single memory card on multiple devices. Frequently using memory card with different gadgets may damage file system of memory card. As a result, stored PNG files and other files will go missing from memory card.
- Bad Sector: Bad sector is a defective region on storage device which does not allow to read and write data on those region. Bad sectors are created due to physical or logical damage and results in data loss.
- Other Reasons: Beside above mentioned causes, there are more causes due to which, PNG file may get deleted or lost such as capturing images while camera running on low battery, faulty firmware, corruption of storage device, etc.
In any of above mentioned causes Digital Picture Recovery software will be ideal solution for PNG file recovery with utmost ease. This software can retrieve almost all types of pictures such as JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, RAW, etc. You can even recover photos from formatted USB drive with the help of this tool.
Striking features of Digital Picture Recovery
Digital Picture Recovery is an efficient tool to recover PNG files, which has been lost or deleted due to any reasons. This software contains inbuilt powerful algorithm which can recover PNG file from hard drive, pen drive, memory card, etc. Its smart program identifies and restore PNG file including media files such as audio, video and images. You can use this software to recover photos from Canon camera, Nikon camera, Sony camera, Kodak camera and many popular cameras with few clicks. This software having great interactive GUI which enables any novice user to retrieve PNG files without any hassle. After PNG file recovery, you can view recovered pictures before restoration. It can restore PNG files from hard drive, flash memory card, USB external drives, FireWire drive, iPods, and so on. Recovered PNG images can be sorted on the basis of name, size, date of creation, etc.
Follow the procedure to recover deleted or lost PNG photos
Step 1: Launch the software after the installation. Then select “Recover Photos” option from the first screen.
Fig 1: First Window
Step 2: From next screen, choose either "Recover Deleted Photos" or "Recover Lost Photos" option. Then, select affected drive from displayed list of drives to retrieve PNG files.
Fig 2: Select Drive to Recover PNG Files
Step 3: Select the recovered PNG photo from the recovered photos list and preview it. Use the save option and store the recovered photos to any secure location.
Fig 3: View Recovered Pictures